1) Be very broad-minded. Take the Broad Road.
(It is paved with good intentions and says Fool’s Gold, can’t miss it)
2) When you see the signs for salvation, declare loudly that you are tolerant and loving and that sin is an outmoded relic of patriarchal religion.
3) Follow the virtue-signals away from the true light towards your own sinful conceit.
4) Deny absolute truth when you get to Philosophy and take the exit toward Esthetics.
5) Stay on the path of least resistance. Celebrate ANYTHING except the God of Scripture.
6)When the road diverges, revile the nationalist R., along with tradition.
Hatefully label your fellow citizens as Racist Nazis until you merge onto Interfaith 666 at Hypocrisyville.
7) Turn repeatedly L. while flattering yourself that you are progressive and enlightened.
8) Follow the exact same agenda and antichrist values as that of trans-national corporations while telling yourself you are a bold free-thinker “resisting fascism”.
9) Follow the bumper-stickers of the tenured professor in front of you for 59 miles.
10) Your destination is on the Left, but there’s still time to change the road you’re on
(if the Led Zeppelin song ends and you see the people leaving church as reactionary rubes, you have gone too far.)
There's a place on Mars/Where the ladies smoke cigarsEvery puff they take/Is enough to kill a snakeWhen the snake is dead/They plant roses in its headWhen the roses die/They put diamonds in its eye When the diamonds crack/They put mustard down its backWhen the mustard dries/It attracts the Martian fliesWhen the flies get stomped/It becomes a Martian promptWhen the prompt gets writ/Then the Martians have a fitWhen the fit is tight/Martian snakes begin to biteIf they bite your face/You become a Martian caseBut your case won't close/Till your poems decompose
Write a poem that, like a Nursery rhyme, uses lines that have a repetitive set-up.